Looking to Boost your College Resume or Gain Experience?
The Hutchinson Center for the Arts is actively seeking 2 to 3 Interns for the 2022 summer (June – August). The schedule is flexible; however we are looking for a commitment of 3-4 hours a day 2-3 days a week.
Qualified applicants must be reliable, self-motivated and task oriented individuals who flourish with minimal direction and supervision.
Intern tasks include but are not limited to:
- Helping with set up and tear down of exhibits/classroom spaces
- Assist with the day-to-day preparation for classes
- General cleaning and painting
- General office work such as answering phones, filing and greeting guests.
- Assisting during art classes/camps
- Help oversee the safe use of the space, materials, and equipment during classes
- Help take inventory and stock supplies.
- Helping Partner Art Organizations with their special events (i.e. – Riversong Music Festival)
- Opportunities to utilize your talents and passions to create and work on special projects as coordinated with the Executive Director.
- Help promote the Hutchinson Center for the Arts to the community
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Interns will have an arranged scheduled, as coordinated with the Executive Director, based on 3-4 hours per day, 2-3 days a week. Occasional weekend and late afternoon hours may be available for specific programs and special events.
Interns can receive a 50% discount on one visual arts class or workshop during the summer sessions. Interns will also receive invitations to exhibitions and special events. A Center internship is a great way to gain professional experience, make meaningful connections in the local arts community, network, and be a part of a growing arts center.
Application Deadline May 1st, 2022
Applications can be dropped off at the Art Center or emailed to:
Molly Rivera, Executive Director