CALL FOR EXHIBITION PROPOSALS
The Hutchinson Center for the Arts is located in downtown Hutchinson, MN. The Center has opportunities for solo and groups shows featuring Minnesota artists at all career stages and working in all types of media.
The proposal deadline for our 2022 gallery season is May 1, 2021.
Seeking submissions for both Individual and Group Shows. Open to all Minnesota artists 18 and older.
BIPOC, LGBTQIA, and disabled artists* encouraged to apply.
*our venue is ADA compliant and we offer physical exhibition installation support
All proposals should include the following information:
– Artist statement/bio/why you want to exhibit with the Hutchinson Center for the Arts (1 page maximum)
– Representative images (8-10 images) For good image quality and a fast upload, your image file should be sized at no larger than 2500 X 4200 or 300 dpi.
– Checklist to accompany images (title, date, medium, dimensions)
– E-mail address and link to website (if applicable)
Email submissions to [email protected] with the subject line 2021 Exhibit Proposal
If you have any questions, please contact Lisa Bergh at [email protected]
GIFT SHOP CONSIGNMENT DEADLINE: ONGOING
We are seeking handmade craft items in our retail display cases for 3,6, or 9 month rotations of selected inventory.
Open to all MN residents working in small scale textiles and ceramics as well as jewelry, bead work, silver, wood working and other functional/decorative crafts. Work can be from both emerging and established Minnesota artists representing high quality craftsmanship and design.
All below written materials should be composed in Word, and images should be saved as jpegs, then attached in an email to: [email protected] Email subject line should read
CRAFT CONSIGNMENT, then your first and last name (example: Craft Consignment, John Doe)
Required Materials emailed to [email protected]
- Resume and/or Brief Bio (no more than 1 page)
- Five images of works completed within the past five years.
- Image list Title(or basic description) of work(s), medium, dimensions (L” x W” x H”), retail price of piece
- ACCEPTANCE: Artists selected for consignment will be contacted via email.
- SALES: Work for exhibition does not have to be for sale. Sale prices are determined by the artist. 70% of sale price goes to artist, 30% to The Hutchinson Center for the Arts. All work must be the property of the artist to be available for sale.
- INSURANCE: Hutchinson Center for the Arts does not provide insurance for artwork though great care will be taken in handling and displaying your work. HCA recommends that artwork be insured by the artist, as the artist bears the full responsibility for loss and damage to art while in transit. HCA retains the right to decide which work is included in exhibitions.
- IMAGE USE: Upon acceptance, selected artists grant Hutchinson Center for the Arts rights to use the selected image(s) on printed materials and the gallery web site for promotional purposes only.
- CONTACT: Any questions, email [email protected]