NOW SEEKING: PROGRAM ASSISTANT
The Program Assistant will perform a variety of duties for the Hutchinson Center for the Arts, including assisting with event logistics and community outreach, as well as providing general administrative support for the Executive Director. Ideal candidates will be organized, detail-oriented, creative, and computer-savvy with exceptional interpersonal and writing skills. Must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines with little supervision, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
The Program Assistant should have a love for event management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic professional, and able to build relationships with internal and external customers. Knowledge of and enthusiasm for the arts is vital.
SPECIAL/PRIVATE EVENT SUPPORT
- Serve as liaison with vendors on private events
- Assist with managing on-site production and cleanup for private events as necessary
- Close out all private events as required
- Provide progress reports on events to Executive Director
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting
- Coordinate appointments for site visits, and scheduling of private events on the calendar
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested
- Provide support as needed for Art Center openings and events
ADMINISTRATIVE & GALLERY SUPPORT
- Database management including ticketing, donation tracking and acknowledgement
- Track daily attendance and other program outcomes for grant reporting
- Assist in creating the monthly newsletter
- Serve as a gallery representative during regular Center hours
- Provide assistance when needed for installations and de-installations including preparing gallery space
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree
- At least 1 year experience office administrative management
- At least 1 year experience coordinating special events
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches
This is a fulltime position reporting to the Executive Director. Salary DOQ.
To apply: email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: MAY 8, 2015